Prevention, Recognition, Management of Ischemic Events Related to Facial Fillers On-line Training Course
Welcome to Prevention, Recognition, Management of Ischemic Events Related to Facial Fillers On-line Training Course
This course is immediately available upon enrollment and can be accessed at anytime where you can learn at your own pace.
Aesthetic practices, protocols, products and trends change rapidly, and it’s important for conscientious aesthetic practitioners to remain informed and up-to-date. Through request from Ranas colleagues she has developed a frank and informative online course for practitioners looking to increase their knowledge of safety practice with facial injectables. Rana will share her vast experience and knowledge to separate the myths from reality and explore prevention methods, recognition and management of ischemic events from facial filler.
Rana believes in complete transparency around the subjects of the risks, prevention and management of complications from aesthetic injections. She believes knowledge is power and provides the essential knowledge every aesthetic expert needs to treat patients with complete confidence. During this online course she shares her own experience with an ischemic event and interviews an expert provider about their personal account of blindness with facial filler and how it was successfully reversed.
After completing the online course, the participant should be better able to:
- Differentiate bruises from ischemia post Hyaluronic Acid filler injection and identify common patterns of ischemic injury
- Understand the three mechanisms of vascular occlusion related to Hyaluronic Acid filler injection
- Identify the progression of ischemia based on assessment findings
- Summarize treatment (reversibility) for vascular compromise caused by various Hyaluronic Acid filler injections using high dose pulsed hyaluronidase protocol
- Although infrequent, recognize the potential for blindness caused by Hyaluronic Acid filler injection
- List contents of aesthetic emergency crash kit must haves and crash kit add-ons.
Don’t miss this valuable and important opportunity to update your knowledge and augment your education in order to practice safely and be well prepared for an ischemic event.
Upon successful completion of the online course you will receive:
- This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- 5.0 CE hours and certificate of completion at the end of this course